Miss Marple

To: "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Miss Marple
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 10:19:49 -0400
Miss Marple is currently at The Sports Car Factory http://www.hallville.com/
getting her backside tidied up.  The problem was evident from below, as rot
around an 18 year old patch at the front of the rear spring bracket.

I removed the springs and brought thm in to a spring shop to get the weak
one re-arced(sp) and brought her in for the body repair after re-installing
them.
These are 'before' pics:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/springbox.htm
I fully expect to have the same handling problem when she comes back, but
with 2 things ruled out.  The springs by themselves did not cure the
handling issue as evidenced on the drive out to the Sports Car Factory.

 Her original engine is in an engine rebuilding shop ( Scotty's <no web>
site> ) and is in fairly rough shape.  I am awaiting a big list of required
parts ( and their specs ).  I went for a drive at lunch on Friday to the
place that has my MG engine
because I tried to call to leave a message to see if he had finished
determining the parts that would be needed and found out that the phone
service was kind of cut off!!!  It is now set up for outgoing calls only.

I became worried that he had gone bankrupt or something.

He says that he was off for a few weeks because his father had died and his
son had been seriously injured in a car accident.  He also told me that he
told Bell to stick their phone and is changing phone companies.  I still
feel a tad nervous, but he still has my engine.

Does anyone have any idea what could happen to my property if it was in his
shop and he did go bankrupt?
Here's some of what you can see in an overheated to the point of seizing
engine.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/engine.htm

And this is a directory of the above photos if you would prefer to see them
in a larger format, one at a time.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp.htg/