Sprite names?

To: "Brad Fornal" <toyman@digitex.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite names?
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 09:03:49 -0500
Okay someone help me out here... obviously we have decided to re-name the
sprites.... in my mind we have  Bugeye's... Box Sprites... and Rubber
bumpered ones...

As a Big Healey guy from way back and a Sprite owner for only the last 20
yrs...  I actually remember when the Big Healey folks kinda snubbed thier
collective noses at Sprites.... Personally I always liked all of them to
include the Tickford,Nash, Sivlerstone's...

I also remember when the Concours guys ruled ( and no I don't care how it's
spelled )  they were the folks that almost destroyed this hobby for me... by
indicating a car Not done to concours spec's wasn't worth owning... (
needless to say I finally figured out they represent less then 10% of this
hobby )

Collectively this is the only place I've ever found besides Bonneville were
we have such a tremendous collection of talent and quality people... whose
only attachment to each other is an automobile.....

I've also found that interestingly enough I've come to care far more for the
people then I do for the car itself....

Keith Turk
1956 100/4 ( since I was 19... I'm 45 today... so that's a while )
1960 bugeye ( no takers by the way... it's a 74,000 mile car that's nice)
1959 bugeye race car.. ( to be race car? )
5,  65-72 Box sprites to include the 11 country 3 day tour of Europe car
195(hmm ) something Berkeley that is kinda quick.... 246.555 mph World
record holder in Class D Modified Sports... ( go look at your slip... it's
about equivelent to DMH's Class in 56.
1987 Corvette.... with 38,000 miles... and I've put most them on lately....
love a convertible you can actually jump in and drive without having to
message it
other stuff.... International 2 ton truck... F 250... F250... Mustang... and
stuff...