Re: End of Auction, Toby tee's

To: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: End of Auction, Toby tee's
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 13:49:32 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Just for the record, he bought it that way.  The PO had done it. Just
in case there are any listers that don't know what the fender beading is
there for, it was just a cheap, fast way to install the fenders on the
assembly line.  Filling in and smoothing would have been too time
consuming, therefore costly.  Anyone that owns one of these cars can see
that everything they did during assembly was as cheap as possible.  I'm
not saying it made the car look cheap in any way.  For example, doesn't
the custom shaved door handles look cool?  Well, it just saved money to
put a cheap door latch mechanism inside the door.  Cheaper still to make
the door handle directly off the mechanism, and so on.  I guess if you
wanted to look at it in a positive light, you could say the car was a
study in simplicity that gave you the biggest bang for the buck in fun
and performance.  And John IS a very nice man, with or without fender
beading. ;^)
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2
02 FLSTS
00 F-150
94 Miata (Getting a head job, wish I was)
89 Nissan Sentra (It just irks me that this car is running and the Miata
is not)