Re: Kinda LBC Related-Miata

To: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kinda LBC Related-Miata
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 20:35:22 -0500
I seem to recall about a year ago, a discussion on removing the head from
aluminum engines. It causes the block to warp and twist when the torque on the
head is removed. I don't know the exact details of this, but I put another head
onto a 90 Plymouth Colt, after the first one cracked. I didn't have it reworked,
merely checked to be sure it was not cracked. It ran well for about 300 miles,
then one day, it took a quart of oil and blew it out the rear seal, in the span
of a 3 block drive. YMMV.

Brad