Re: First impressions EDT

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: First impressions EDT
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 09:50:42 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: antony@antgel.co.uk, spridgets@autox.team.net
Daniel..

Well, if the standard factory set-up was
pre-1500, this sort of speaks for itself....?
Which does not translate into a criticism
of your initial suggestion, BTW.

OTOH, while upgrading of "braking" on any car is certainly a "good
thing", whether it is necessary in the case of a
daily driver as in this case...? OTOH, if
buying parts new, how much more would
such an upgrade as you suggest be?
Probably pretty minimal?

I'll tell you, on my P/O'd 90+hp to the rear
wheels Vizardized '74 Midget, besides the
installation of steel braided hoses, it never
required anything special. And yes, in those days, I drove it like a
stole it a good
part of the time, mostly to and from NYC
airports at limited access highway speeds.

This car never had a problem in the stopping department with it's stock,
well-
maintained brake system.
I never found the stock set-up wanting,
though I did use semi-metallic (upgraded) compounds.

So...maybe the standard set-up but with
upgraded shoes/pads (as in Hawk, etc.)?

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)