Rear disks, possibly another can of worms.

To: antony@antgel.co.uk
Subject: Rear disks, possibly another can of worms.
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:39:32 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
If I go first maybe someone will get to disagree rather than vice versa!!

I know a few people have.  Apart from a recent kit developed here in the UK
which I have yet to evaluate, none have a parking/hand brake so aren' t road
legal, again in the UK.

If the rear disc kit that has a parking/hand brake is lighter than either the
big drums I run on my car or even the standard Spridget drums I would use for
the weight saving alone.  As far as does the car need more brakes at the rear
generally it doesn't and I've never understood why people fit them.

Regards

Daniel1312