Question: lug nut torque 63 MK II

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question: lug nut torque 63 MK II
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 22:47:38 -0400
Greetings listers,

I recently obtained a 1963 948 cc AH Sprite Mark II w/83 K original miles. I
had it in the shop for the first time last week to check out a hot brake
drum, only to discover that several of the lug nuts were stripped completely
(3 lugs on 3 wheels checked, not very good odds for keeping my noggin
intact).

Obviously, I will be getting some new lugs. However, I checked the manual,
and could not find a reference to the proper torque to adjust the lug nuts
to. Any listers have any guidance on this?

Also, if any of you kind folks know of a good shop in the Durham/Chapel Hill
NC area that is familiar with British cars, any guidance on this would be
appreciated as well - the car was restored in the mid 1980's, and since then
has only been driven about 2K miles, so some (most?) of the seals are shot.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Tim
Mebane, NC