Re: Bugeye Bonnet Fasteners

To: SSWARIN@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye Bonnet Fasteners
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 16:41:04 -0700 (PDT)
Steve,
I have a Spridetech bonnet on my race car (which,
despite Flounder's recent feeble attempts at
retaliation, I have been told looks quite good).  I'm
currently fastening it with bungee type rubber
tiedowns at the sides.  With a new rear lip seal from
Just Ednebriated, the clamping force is great, even at
110 MPH or whatever 8000 RPM with a 4.22 and 60-series
tires works out to.  I have leather straps for the top
by the firewall as well that I have not installed but
plan to (I think they look good on Flounder's bonnet,
but I'll never him that).  See pics at:
www.justbrits.com/cars/rons.htm

Go Yanks,
Ron