Re: Looking for a Bugeye

To: Zeke5550@aol.com, "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Looking for a Bugeye
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:06:16 -0700
I have a VARA bugeye in my shop in Tucson, AZ, belonging to Olivier
Sermet.  It is for sale, with trailer, for $3900.  It has a 1275 with a
rather large hole in the side, but comes with a spare block that was
raced a few times and would involve some parts swapping to install
(head, which is still good, timing belt assy, hard studs, etc.).  The
car has a fuel cell, halon system, mini mania high tech unbreakable rear
axles, front discs with power assist and much more.  It was last raced
at Buttonwillow in California, when the brand new rebuilt motor blew,
and has been in my shop since 1999.  It has fiberglass hood, no rust,
decent paint, full roll cage.  The car was originally raced in SCCA in
the 60's, but was pretty much rebuilt by Olivier and me in 1992 and
beyond.  Would you like pictures?
Thanks, Bill McLeod
Slightly Classics
Tucson, AZ