Tool help needed

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tool help needed
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 20:14:46 -0500
Where do people buy QUALITY tools these days.
My brand new crapsman drill smoked while I was inserting a drill bit.
Yes it never got to drill a hole, it smoked on start up.

And my crapsman soldering gun was another chinese joke so I smashed it
and bought a Weller,  known name brand in soldering guns, I bought the
best one (make that the most expensive one) Home Defect's competion had
to offer. Yup it B-LOWES, and one would think that after 20 minutes of
pulling the trigger it should melt solder, that little curl of solder
supplied with the gun, it didn't even burn my finger when I touched it.
It was a bit warm, but it's also 75* out tonight so it was probably room
temperature.
Trash out of the box.
I think to save myself all this greif and aggravation I will go out and
buy some new tools and throw them in the trash can on my way out of
china, I mean on my way out of the mall. (same difference)

Can someone tell me where I can go to buy a REAL soldering iron?
One that gets hot enough to melt solder and one that lasts more than 1
day? Maybe even one made in the USA or Europe by people who can read.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ