Re: Tool help needed

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Tool help needed
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 21:18:14 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Frank Clarici wrote:

> Trash out of the box.
> I think to save myself all this greif and aggravation I will go out
> and buy some new tools and throw them in the trash can on my way out
> of china, I mean on my way out of the mall. (same difference)
>
> Can someone tell me where I can go to buy a REAL soldering iron?

Back when I had a job the brand we used was xytronics.  They last a long
time (never saw one break) and some of these units were used every day.
Check out the following links:

XYTRONIC AUTO-TEMP 136ESD
<http://www.howardelectronics.com/xytronic/136.html>
XYTRONIC AUTO-TEMP 379 <http://www.howardelectronics.com/xytronic/379.html>

For the money I don't thing you can go wrong.  I assume you are
soldering wires for the car and such.   Not sure where you can get one
in TR, but you might try the yellow pages for an electronic shop.  There
is a big one in Keyport on Rt 36 in Airport Plaza.  If you need the name
I can find it out.

Gilroy

________
"Back off, man. We're scientists." - Buckaroo Banzai