Pumpkin preservation

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pumpkin preservation
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:37:49 -0600
No, I haven't carved any memorable jack'o'lanterns, although I did do a very
creditable MG logo on my pumpkin at the October meeting of the Miata Club...
It did get some votes for the scariest pumpkin, however ;-)
What I really wanted to ask was about storing a diff. I had the glorious
opportunity to pick up a 4.22 diff the other day. I do not have an immediate
need for it, but for $20  couldn't pass it up. I would really rather that it
not be coated in rust when I do find a use for it. Do I find a five-gallon
bucket with a lid and cover it in used motor oil or what? Any ideas?
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget
2002 GTI for Trish to beat me at autocross with