Re: SPAM, SPAM,SPAM...... No-LBC

To: "Mike MacLean" <macleans@earthlink.net>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SPAM, SPAM,SPAM...... No-LBC
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 18:00:41 -0600
First answer is that the Netscape mail is rather lame. If you have a pop3
account, try something else. Our MG club webmaster (Barney Gaylord) swears
by a combination of Eudora mail client with a program called Spamnix
(http://www.spamnix.com). Spamnix examines the incoming email and runs tests
across it for garbage in the subject line, specific definable urls in the
body of the message (if those aren't there, it is hard for the spam to take
you anywhere), etc, and quarantines any items that fail a definable
threshold of these tests. Barney claims that of the 200+ spam messages that
he gets per day, only 2 or 3 get through now. He also claims that it does
not block any legitimate mail. One of these days I am going to try it
myself...
David Lieb