Re: computer help, no LBC

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: computer help, no LBC
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 06:11:22 -0700
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Go to Symantec, or one of the other virus protection vendors, on the
web.  They have an online virus checking service, which is free, and
which will tell you if your computer has been taken over by a trojan
horse or other nastiness.  There are a lot of sites out there which will
take over your computer and use it, without your knowledge, to broadcast
virus insertion attempts and spam messages to other computers on your
mailing list.  Naturally, that slows down your own stuff considerably!
I am convinced that several computers on this list or one of the other
autox lists I track has been taken over in this way, because my Norton
software catches and turns back more than 20 trojan horse or other back
door intrusion attempts per day, coming in from all over the world.  In
this age, an up-to-date version of virus protection is an absolute
necessity if you want to keep control of your own machine!  Hope you get
well!  Bill
PS Maybe it's clogged up with shirts!
PPS Also maybe you are running low on useful memory.  That slows things
down a lot!