Re: Steering Rack ??

To: wolfbj@prodigy.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering Rack ??
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 05:33:00 EST
In a message dated 11/23/03 5:34:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
wolfbj@prodigy.net writes:

> I am rebuilding the steering rack for my 71. There is a paper shim (for lack
> of better term) between the rack mount and the rack. Is this a particular
> size? Particular paper? What have other used to replace this with?

Hmmmm--my '67, '72 or '79 didn't have a paper shim--just a metal shim on the
passenger side on the '67 and '72 and on the driver's side on the '79.  Wonder
if some mechanic just didn't replace mine, or just added one to yours?
Anyone know if that is a stock item?

David C.