Fwd: Midget and Parts - Long Island

To: mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Midget and Parts - Long Island
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 00:52:36 -0500
Here it is friends..........

 To:     pchast@francomm.com
 From:   DOUGLAS_RUSSELL@nyc.yr.com

 Subject:Midget and Parts - Long Island
 Date:   Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:46:11 -0500

  Pete,
 I will appreciate it if you forward this to the list.  I have done so twice
 with apparently little success.

 Best,

 Doug Russell

 DOUGLAS RUSSELL
 11/25/2003 10:14 AM

 To: mgs@autox.team.net

  Did not see this on the digest so I am resubmitting.  Apologies if it is
redundant ...

 From a Long Island list lurker...

 Met a fellow this weekend who has access to a 76 MG Midget and a lot of very
 new Moss 'made in England' parts.  The Midget and the parts must go.   First
 the Midget.  It looks pretty sad rust wise.  Rot in the floorboards, rot on
 the front fenders clear throught to the sills and beyond the MIDGET
 lettering - the rest of the car, particularity the interior, looks pretty
 good - the dash is spotless and uncracked.  That said, unless you call
 immediately, I think the car is heading to the crusher any day now.  As an
 aside, I stopped by to see David D on the way home from seeing the Midget
 and he aptly noted that they all can't be saved.

 Now to the parts, there is a left and right front fender, inner and outer
 sills (both sides) and a box or two full of new moss parts.  I did not take
 inventory but remember seeing new cables, mirrors and a lot of other bits
 and pieces.   All the parts are new from Moss and still in their original
 shipping wrappers. The wrapping for the fenders says made in England so they
 may be from original tooling (?).

 All of this is residing in Garden City, LI and is in the home of an elderly
 couple.  Their son used the Midget in college but the car has been under a
 tarp for 10 years.  The woman claims that the son paid about $2,100 for the
 parts but never did anything with them (I tend to believe old ladies when
 they say things like this).

 The contact person for the car or the parts is Jim.  Jim does not have email
 but can be reached at 516 226 5541.  Jim's relationship to the elderly
 couple is that he's been their village sanitation engineer for about 20
 years and is trusted by them.  My relationship to Jim is that I have an MG
 in my driveway and the contractor working on my house told Jim he knows a
 guy ... (we've all been there and done that).  I have zero financial
 interest.

 Bottom line ... car is free.  Parts can be had for next to nothing (YMMV).
 If you're about to start a RB Midget restoration project, this could be your
 lucky day.

 C you all around ...

 Dr. Doug

 69 C Roadster
 69 B Roadster
 68 Ford Bronco (the Bitch'n Beach Buggy)

 Six kids

 3 Boats

 PS - Larry Macy - you still out there?

-------- End of forwarded message --------