Moto Lita Sounds Horn When Turned

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moto Lita Sounds Horn When Turned
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 21:31:44 -0800
I just installed the new Moto Lita 14" Mahogony steering wheel on my
Bugeye.  I must say it is a beautiful thing.  There seems to be a
problem when the wheel is turned to the left is sounds the horn.  Turn
it back straight or right and no horn.  Also, just as with the stock
steering wheel and repro horn push, the horn contact has a dead spot
when the steering wheel is level, wheels straigh ahead.  I have always
had to turn the wheel to sound the horn.  Not always a good thing!  This
problem continues with the new steering wheel and Moto Lita hub with
horn push.  I think the horn sounding when the wheel is turned left just
will require some grinding on the small hub inside the back of the Moto
Lita hub.  Must be touching the brass ring for the horn contact that is
attached to the steering wheel surround screwed to the dash.  I think.
Any ideas?
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2