Re: Moto Lita Sounds Horn When Turned

To: Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Moto Lita Sounds Horn When Turned
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 14:05:25 -0800
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Chuck,
     You might be on to something with that idea about the contact plate
being loose and wobbling around.  As I remember, it is held in by three
bent tabs and , yes it was somewhat loose when I originally put it in.
The felt is only a couple of years old and I know the shaft is not
bent.  I just rebuilt the entire steering system during the restoration
a couple of years ago.  I will be fooling around with it today and will
let you know if I find anything.
Mike