What about a Spridgets Annual

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: What about a Spridgets Annual
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 23:24:26 -0500
I have been thinking about this a bit lately.
Once every 5 years is too long to wait.
A 3 or 4 day weekend in various parts of the country once a year.
And of course the super big international 5 year event.
Can some one, or some group of Spridgeteers manage to pull off an event
before 2004 is over?
Hotel accommadations for up to 150 rooms. Maybe 1 sit down fancy awards
type dinner (maybe not) one mass drive to somewhere (close).
An autocross for sure, maybe a drag race (a real one this time ;)
A rally and/or senic leisure drive. This would be more than enough.
As for a show field, of course but do we really need awards for the
shiniest red Spridget? A place to park em all together would be enough.
Just call it a "show field" where people can "show" their Spridget. Just
for the fun of it. A diamond in the rough award and best Spridget should
be all the awards. No 1st, 2nd, 3rd, in Sprites and Midgets, MKI, MKII,
MKIIi, MKIV, etc. then it gets crazy. One nice, one ugly. Everybody else
falls somewhere inbetween.
Same with the autocross, just for fun, post the times, and the winner
can have bragging rights.

Float it around the country, not everyone can make all of them. West
coaster will dominate the west coast meet, maybe some east coasters will
make it. Central USA might have a nice mix from both coasts. Keep a day
for out of towners to site see. Or set up a senic drive with site see time.
If your area hosts the meet, you're gonna work hard. All the visitors
are gonna have fun. Next year in a different area, you will have fun and
somebody else will work hard.
If Montana Bob wants to host it, Summer would be good.
If Robert Houston wants to host it, Spring or Fall would be good.
Winter in Florida works for me :)
There are enough people in Wisconsin to hold a meet.
there are enough in CA to do it.
We have enough around Philly and/or NY
We even have a few in Nevada, Texas, New England, Georgia.
If you have the guts to check out hotels and eaterys, you can do it.

Would I drive my Sprite to California? Hell yes! But not every year.
The road trip would be most of the fun. And a co driver sure would help.

Food for thought for the upcoming year.

Merry Christmas
Frank