Trade completed

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Trade completed
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:46:03 EST
My silver Ebay Bugeye has found a new home. In a no money exchanged (except
for half of the gas money) Charlie Sheldon and I traded places.

What he got:
59 almost complete, at least that is what I told him, Bugeye project. (Did
you know that these came from the factory without seats and ventilated floors?)
An extra set of steel wheels, with almost new tires
A 948 with rib case
A 1275
All in need of some sort of work
With some skillful trading with the extra drive trains and alot of sweat
equity, Charlie could end up with a nice early Bugeye, without spending too
much
money.

What I got
The loudest street 69 Midget in all of Columbia County.
Charlie sure did his best to Vizardize this thing. 276 cam, ported head, carb
stacks (!) header, and glass pack. The car has a 10 ft/10 mph paint job. and
a nice set of wire wheels.
I haven't had the chance to run it yet, but if I had neighbors, they would
sure love me.
A little cosmetics and this will be a nice ride.

I am happy with this deal. But are you ready for this! So is my wife. I
actually convinced my wife, that trading all of these spare parts for another
running LBC (as soon as I get the oil cooler fittings and wheels on one car,
that
will be  1 TR, 2 Bugeyes, and this Midget) is actually getting me one step
closer to cleaning out the garage. I mean it will be much easier for my estate
sell off running cars, when she finally makes good on her threat to kill me.

What was amazing about this deal, was the sort time frame that Charlie got
from Oklahoma City to New York, got the car loaded a left. After two 12 hour
plus days of driving, Charlie and his buddy (sorry his name escapes me) arrived
at the scene of the crime at about 11:00 PM.  We off loaded and loaded
everything with flashlights. Sat and shot the bull for a while and then hit the
hay
about 1:00 AM. Because of a work commitment I had to be back on the road by 7
AM, which meant my house guests got a wake up call at 6 AM. These guys were
real
troopers, got up, took quick showers, and thanked me a nice half a nights
sleep. They came and left in darkness. At time of this writing they are still
on
the road.

All in all a pleasant list experience.

I have only a few blurry eyes, in the dark pictures of this transaction.  At
the moment have been unable to get them posted to my geocities site. Will try
again a little later

David Oliner