sheetmetal sources

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: sheetmetal sources
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 21:25:12 -0600
Looks like i'm going to need some metal for the bugeye.  Mainly floor pans
and at least one "floor strenthener" that is what VB calls it, it is the
brace from the spring box and ties in with the crossmember in front of the
seat.  The front part of the reinforcment is non existant.  From what I can
tell spring boxes still look good amazingly although there is some good
surface rust, I hope it stops there.

So what are my choices on sheetmetal here?  Is VB/Moss the only suppliers
are there others?  I can make a floor pan if I need to I know, but i'd like
something that looks original.  Maybe as time passes that desire will as
well who knows.  On one of my other cars I had a repair panel for the
battery tray and it had a sticker that said "British Heritage Certified" on
it.  To me that sounds like a quality piece.

Thanks for any info, once again.

Happy New Year.

Charlie
'59 trailer maiden