Fwd: Made in Italy?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Made in Italy?
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 10:52:30 EST
From MGTD2 at aol.com
Full-name: MGTD2
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 10:51:39 EST
Subject: Re: Made in Italy?
To: spritenut@exit109.com

In a message dated 1/1/2004 5:54:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spritenut@exit109.com writes:

> > Did I tell you Carol bought me an engine crane at Horrible Freight for a
> > Christmas present.
>
> I too have the horrible freight chinese electric engine hoist.
> It still works after 3 engine pulls but the cable already frayed.
> I had to cut that part off and use some real cable clamps to fix it.
> Just a warning to all you people who have this top quality device.
> INSPECT THE CABLE DAILY.
> the last engine was that Subaru engine, and I was there when my son
> lowered it to the dolly. The cable was not frayed. It was 3 days later
> when it just caught my attention. Only chinese stuff self destructs when
> not in use so keep an eye on it.

I was afraid of the electric hoist.  I have the "cherry picker" with the
hydraulic jack.  And last year I got one of those Oberg Tilt-lifts from one of
the
boys, so the combo should make Spridget motor replacement as easy as making
love in a washtub.
JohnD