Re: Made in Italy?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Made in Italy?
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 10:25:48 -0600
> I was afraid of the electric hoist.  I have the "cherry picker" with the
> hydraulic jack.  And last year I got one of those Oberg Tilt-lifts from
one of the
> boys, so the combo should make Spridget motor replacement as easy as
making
> love in a washtub.

Talk about your interesting visuals!!!
I watched the electric hoist in use on a Spridget at SOS '03. It got the job
done, but I was less than happy with it. It has one speed up and one speed
down with no capacity for "easing" in and out. I am very glad that I got the
cherry picker, too.
I got religion on cherry pickers about 15 years or so ago when my
father-in-law got one. We used that puppy with one of the better 4-chain
tilt bars to snake the V8 and automatic tranny out of a couple of Pontiacs
without even bothering to remove the bonnet. Very slick! Someone gave him
the crane, or he never would have gotten it, since he already had a
chain-fall on an I-beam in the garage. That chain-fall has never seen
another day's work since the cherry-picker showed up.
Now to go look for a washtub ...
David Lieb