Re: Austin A35 MPG

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: Austin A35 MPG
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 08:54:16 -0000
Chris,
Something to do with Napoleon I think, but then we exiled him to Elba!

Actually I think the Romans had something to do with it.  1000 paces to a
Roman Mile.  At least the Milecastles on Hadrians Wall, just near here, are
about 1000 (good)  paces appart

Sadly, in the UK, we now have a really bastardised system where things are
measured in a mixture of metric and imperial.  If I buy sheet building
materials, I might get an 8 foot X 4 foot sheet of 12 millimeter plywood!
Now what sort of sense is that!!

Guy