Re: Austin A35 MPG

To: <Guy.Weller@kencomp.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Austin A35 MPG
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:43:06 -0800
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
I hear ya. The first time I drove on the then newly opened Route 1
freeway on Delaware (about 1997 or so), I was astonished to find the
road marked in kilometers. The exits were numbered according to the
kilometer posts as well. But the strangest thing is seeing "Exit 155,
1/2 mile" on that highway!  Everywhere else I've driven in the US is
marked in miles (so it works with the odometers), with kilometers, if
given, in smaller type or parentheses.

-=Chris