Radio Star Sprite

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radio Star Sprite
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:48:32 -0500
I think PIECES now has it's 15 seconds of fame.
Today I heard about the local classic rock station doing a grand opening
event at the new Advanced Auto in town. So I had the Sprite running and
was seeing just how much cardboard I needed to get the temp up for heat
and I heard the ad.
I did need a battery for the yellow Sprite so off I went with only 4" of
radiator unblocked and 170* on the gauge and heat pumping out finally.
Bought a battery, I just love it when they ask for the car model ;) and
they had it since it was a standard group 24. Picked up some 67 cent
washer juice for the other cars and some carb cleaner since it was buy 1
get 1 free. Then off to the radio van where they handed me a tee shirt
and beer cooler. They mentioned the battery I bought and commented about
my car. "What kind of car is that?"
   Once I got back in the car, I heard just the tale end of the radio
guys "live on location" and batterys in stock for all cars.
I did miss the begining of the broadcast because I was walking back to
the car. So now I wonder, did they say Advanced auto has Healey Sprite
batterys in stock?

Now that I have a battery, I started the wiring on the yellow Sprite.
I also found out that a 3 position headlamp switch from a MKIII can not
be wired as a turn signal switch on a MKI. So where did I get that
longer tipped toggle switch?
And more words of wisdom. Check the bulb FIRST!
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ