Re: Puzzler , now lightened flywheels

To: <psychalgia@rocketmail.com>
Subject: Re: Puzzler , now lightened flywheels
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 07:39:52 -0500
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
NO!  a stronger cluth will stall the motor out as well as a wimpy one!   the
stronger clutch is just going to be tougher on your clutch actuation system
or your leg's ability tohold down the pedal at a traffic light or in traffic
jambs!  i have a 55 chevy i have had since high school.   it has a hays
competition clutch in it.   when i drove it on the street(it's been a very
long time now!) at lights my left leg would begin to twitch trying to hold
the pedal down waiting for the light to change.   our race morgan has a
tilton race clutch in it.   you need to slip the heck out of the clutch to
get enough momentum out of the car so not to stall it before complete
engaugement.
a stronger clutch is needed when increased horsepower exceeds the original
clutch's ability to clamp the disc and then slips.   not to say that
improved clutch lining material on the disc is not importaint.   there are
difrent lining materials but those are rarely available as a choice unless
you are having a clutch custom relined.

chuck.
oh yeah....broke that too!