RE: Tire'ed of playing the game

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tire'ed of playing the game
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:56:35 -0800
Don't know if there is a Costco near you... I just bought five TR speed
rated Bridgestone Potenza 910 (175/70 X 13) from the Costco in Santee (San
Diego County). Price "out of the door" (mounted, balanced, taxed) was
$248.55 for five tires. Only complaint I have is I specifically asked the
Costco technicians to put on "stick on" weights on the inside of my alloy
wheels. They did put the weights on the inside of the rims, but they used
"clip on" weights, which damages the alloy rim.

That was for my Lotus 7, but I would think those tires would be very
suitable for a Spridget. Are the rostyles 4.5" or 5" in width? The
acceptable rim width for 175/70 X 13 tires is from 4.5" to 6". I have 5.5"
wheels on the Lotus. I put 22lbs pressure in the tires as a starting point.

Talking about tires... If anyone is interested- I bought eight Dot rated
racing tires - BF Goodrich Comp T/A R1 SRF 185/60 X 13. I am not going to
use them and would sell them $30 each to any lister willing to pick them up.
The tires are brand new. Not interested in shipping, sorry.

Jacques LC in San Diego County

Kendel wrote:

Well, I thought I was going to get a set of Dunlops mounted up at Sam's Club
on my newly painted rims.  It turns out that they can't balance the things
on their machine.  I like buying tires there as I don't have to play the
extra fee (mounting, balancing, stem, road hazard, etc.) game that
practically doubles the cost of tires at other places, but their failed
attempt at balancing screwed up a nice base / clear coat paint job on the
first rim.

I came back by Firestone, but that quickly went into extra fee hell, so I
bailed out of there.

I'd not only like suggestions on where to shop but what tires to put up on
Rostyle's.