Re: Tire'ed of playing the game

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire'ed of playing the game
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:52:31 -0800 (PST)
One has to understand that customer service does not exist in the Southwest.
The Sam's Club in Tucson is incredibly poorly run.  The store manager is a 26
year old, petite gal who doesn't give a damn about complaints.  I went several
rounds with her trying to return a sour gallon of milk once.  I've also had the
tire shop manager blatantly lie to me and tell me that they couldn't order what
they didn't have, even if other Sam's Clubs had it.  I had to complain to
district about that one.

As far as "local" stores go, these guys don't give a crap either.  Stores are
filthy and customers are got with "come ons" instead of service.  The challenge
is getting some guy to actually get off his fat ass to give up some
information.  Any question seems to be met with resentment... heavy sighs and
rolled eyes.  It's pretty much a "don't care" and "tough shit buddy" attitude
around here.  There's a big motive to deal with large chain stores who have
national policies in place that can't get screwed with by the locals, although
they do try.

I enjoy shopping when east of New Mexico.  It's nice dealing with people who
want to help a customer... or can even make change for a purchase.  I've been
living here since 1988 and the best way I've heard it put was a few weeks ago
when an A-10 pilot out of Davis-Monthan I was chatting with remarked, "There's
a whole lot of stupid in this town".

Of course, this whole rant excludes Ernie's British Cars here in Tucson.  I
drive across town and by a much closer place (Europarts, over on Stone Avenue)
to give them my business.

 - Kendel "fifty miles from the border" McCarley