Re: lucas-pukus?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: lucas-pukus?
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:07:33 EST
I usually spend most of my time as a lurker, but I have to put my two cents
in on the Lukas discussion.   In 70 I purchased one of the last sprites brought
into the USA, obviously it was near the end of the run since it was already a
model year old when I bought it.   During the tenure that this car had with
me, the voltage regulator was replaced on a regular, 3 month, basis and I had
three electrical fires, three batteries (not counting the ones replaced as part
of the fire rewirings).   After each fire the dealer supposedly put a whole
new wiring harness in, with extra heavy ground connections, and yet after I got
some nice burns on my hand in the 3rd fire, I finally had to kiss the Prince
of Darkness good-bye.   My take on the switch markings of off and flicker was
off or on fire.   In truth, my 79 has not had a single electirical problem
except that the clock doesn't work.   (I am knocking on some real wood right
now.)   Back in 71, you could tell my car from the acrid smell of burnt
insulation
and the thin blue smoke trailing after...

John Poynton
79 Midget, Yellow Fever
Havertown, PA