Re: front shock mounts

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <BCAH@aol.com>
Subject: Re: front shock mounts
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:24:24 -0600
Do I take it that  you can get in there and put a nut on a slightly longer
bolt if you strip out the threads? Sooner or later I will have to undo these
bolts and the thought of them breaking off or stripping gives me fits. Bob C

 Bob
 To repair it right in my book. A man has to remove the wheel,
 spindle, spring to get to the spring resting plate.
 Which is only spot welded on. Cut or grind those welds.
 Then you will see the shock mounting block which is very
 small. This is the item that needs repairing or replacing.
 Do the same with it, cut or grind to remove. Then replace
 with a mounting block thats in good shape.
 Reinstall the spring and etc.

 Takes time but worth doing right.

 Larry Rex

[Scanned by AwesomeNet Anti-Virus]