Re: Ford Fiesta alt

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ford Fiesta alt
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:37:35 EST
In a message dated 1/28/04 5:48:55 PM, phil@outtech.com writes:

> The Fiesta was a Euro-Ford hatchback, lower than a Festiva. Handled way
> better than any Festiva ever could. They lived on in European markets long
> after they stopped selling them here in the US.

Actually, Donald Healey did redesign one of these at least.   It is called a
Healey Fiesta and was based on the European version, which survives in the
European market as of 2002.   Look up Healey Fiesta on Google and you will get
reference to R&T's August 79 cover.   It was a one-off and the car is still in
existence owned by a member of the Healey Association in LA.   We don't seem
to have a picture in our collection that shows you anything.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"