RE: Ford Fiesta alt

To: "Geoff Branch" <gjbranch@comcast.net>, "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@exit109.com>
Subject: RE: Ford Fiesta alt
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:45:02 -0600
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <BCAH@aol.com>
As Peter noted earlier Fiestas and Festivas are very different critters.

The "later" Festiva that Frank is talking about is an 1988-1995 econo-hatch
one of the first "tall" little cars. Designed as the Mazda 121, built under
license at Kia in South Korea, and rebadged as Fords for sale in the US
market. Bulletproof little beaters, they make great snow cars. I have owned
a couple.  THey use the "generic" Japanese alternator favored by Frank for
Spridget conversion. I used one for my Midget.

The Fiesta was a Euro-Ford hatchback, lower than a Festiva. Handled way
better than any Festiva ever could. They lived on in European markets long
after they stopped selling them here in the US.

Phil Vanner
Mini-appolis
hit ten below today...