Re: NLBC-Willing of Sprites

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: NLBC-Willing of Sprites
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:38:35 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
type79@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Self respect? Pride? Ambition? To save for an lbc?

My turn to jump in.
EXACTLY Jay.

For years I have been telling my family that we (this country) are
creating a country full of wimps. Well, it has happened. I see it every
day. whinners, bitchers, complainers, and lazy ass government drones.
Kids with no respect, no direction, and no ambition.
Teachers can not look cross-eyed at a student with repercussions.
Parents who flat out deny their kid did any wrong wvwn when caught red
handed.
Like the kid doing donuts in my neighbors front yard around his holly
tree. He lost a hub cap. The neighbor knows the kid, takes the hub cap
in hand down to his parents. The kids car is missing a hub cap and full
of grass and mud. Dad says, "not my boy" and has the balls to ask for
the hub cap back! Neighbor says well I "won't" be the guy kicking the
car on my way out of here either.
As for cheap alien labor, the mexicans have hit the constgruction
industry big time here in Jersey. My sheetrocker, Tom's Drywall, used to
do nice clean work and his guys all spoke english. 2 years ago, I call
Tom and I get Jose. Instead of George the finisher, I get Chico.
So now I use Wayne's Drywall. When I call I get Wayne. He speaks
english, he can answer homeowners questions. And he does a nice job.
Tom wants to know why I don't use him anymore? I told him, but he says
the mexicans do it cheaper. I said yeah but your prices didn't go down.
Tom bought a new boat, Wayne had a new baby. I would rather feed the
baby instead of fuel the boat.
I have no problem with legal immigrants as long as they speak English.
If someone can not communicate in their country of residence, that to me
shows that they are ignorant. I don't deal with ignorant people.
Unions....My bro in law is a crane operator, he get's $60 an hour and
puts in an 8 hour day. He lifts 1 or 2 pieces of steel a day and each
takes 20-30 minutes. So he really makes $480 for 1 hour of work.
Meanwhile he sells bacon and egg sandwiches out of the crane to the rest
of the crew for extra money on somebody elses time. And he swears he is
worth it.
My own brother is an SWD with the DOC, and he talks in ABCs.
He knows exactly what the state owes him at any given moment. But in
reality, he turned into a State Worker Drone. He used to do stuff around
his place and on his cars, not now, he turned into a push it aside or to
somebody else type of guy. He lost his common sense. But in his eye, the
State of New Jersey would crumble if he ever left his job. He even knows
the exact date of his retirement in 2013.
For me, maybe I'm jealous, sure $500 an hour and a known retirment date
would be nice but meanwhile I will freeze my nads off in the winter and
sweat them off in the summer. I will get dirty and tired, I will try a
new approach or tackle a project I have no clue about.

Self respect, Pride, Ambition, To save for a new Jaguar!
That IS what it's all about.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ