Re: NLBC-Willing of Sprites

Subject: Re: NLBC-Willing of Sprites
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:41:55 -0600
Cc: RBHouston@aol.com, larryrex@awesomenet.net, Spridgets@awesomenet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, PilotRob@webtv.net, dlh2001@comcast.net
RBHouston@aol.com wrote:

> Hey now, I belive if you check, Brad worked his way up through the ranks at
> that sweat shop.  He was one of those slaves, as all of us who Work for a
> living, and thus Sweat are.
> What company do you cheat Larry?

You are correct Robert, thank you for mentioning it.
I started on the assembly line in 78, and in 80 moved out to the mills to
become a
saw operator. I soon moved up to lift truck driver, and on to assistant area
supervisor. By 83 I was running my own (one of four) milling area with 15
employees
working directly under me. In 90 I had shown enough initiative to be the
assistant
milling superintendent. This put almost 50 employees reporting to me and my
boss.
When my boss was moved to the front office to do purchasing, I was raised to the
level of mill superintendent. I was, and still am, a no nonsense kind of guy,
when
it comes to work. I don't mind a bit of goofing and grab assing, just make sure
the
job gets done. I was asked to move into the office because of my up front,
honest,
blunt attitude. I have developed relationships with vendors that have kept
material
coming to the shop, even when bankruptcy reared its head. I KNEW that they would
get paid, and I didn't blow smoke up their ass about they may have to wait for a
check. They trusted me enough that they kept materials coming through the door.
They still tell me that if it were not for me, they would have told my company
stuff it a long time ago. I was asked to move out to the mills as super again,
as
there didn't seem to be the leadership that they liked (lots of late days and
weekend working). I went back out, told the employees that they knew what I
expected, and if they wanted to have some time with their families again, get
off
the stick and get to work. My approach is, if you are doing your job, I won't
bother you, but if you are goofing off, I will be there to find out why. I
eliminated overtime, in a dept. that was working over 60 hours a week, in 7
days.
It wasn't that they were overworked, they just were not expected to work. If you
don't believe me, don't ask your children to do their homework, and see how
fast it
gets done, if at all. I now work as mill super, and purchasing agent, and there
is
not ONE job out on the floor that I personally won't do. Including getting
inside a
sawdust cyclone to unblock it if necessary. THIS is why I don't cotton to lazy
bastards. I worked to get where I am, and if someone wants to join me, get off
your
lazy ass.
I don't make a fortune, those that have visited my home know it is nothing
special
or grand. I have only 3 blocks to drive to get to work each day, I like that,
ALOT.
I have had headhunters call me and offer me jobs in Dallas and Ft. Worth, but
those
would cut into family and LBC time. I like what I do, and I have no debt
because of
hard work. No amount of money can replace that..........

Brad