Re: Stripped thermostate housing bolt

To: "larryrex" <larryrex@awesomenet.net>, "Michel R. Gagne" <mgagne@unc.edu>, "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Geoff Branch" <gjbranch@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Stripped thermostate housing bolt
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 06:52:01 -0500
stainless is a cool idea but be carefull with dissimilar metals in
combinations like cast iorn / aluminum and stainles ssteel.  bimetallic
reactions are very difficult to disassemble after the fact!  and be very
very carefull tightening stainless fastners as they tend to gaul threads
easily.  use a good thread lubricant when assembling the stainless fastner.
things like a T stat housing you might wantto do a "tighter is best" to be
certain it wil lnot leak and in the process gaul or strip stainless threads.

chuck.