Re: Miss me?

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miss me?
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 05:55:36 -0600
> Model Lister?  By what sort of measure?  Of the 262 messages to the
Spridget
> list so far this week, roughly 1 of every 6 has been from you.  Of those
> 40+ messages, how many have actually contained content of any value to the
> other list members?
>
> If all of the 380 or so Spridget subscribers followed your model, there
would
> be about 2,600 messages per day to the list, almost 2 per second.  Or
about
> 30 messages in the time it takes you to read this one.
>
> What, exactly, is it that makes you so proud?

That sounded a bit mean, Mark. The Cap'n does provide your "keep alive"
signal so that this list doesn't need to send those annoying "Test, is this
thing working?" messages that plague your other lists. I am about to send
one to the auto jumble list, I haven't gotten a peep out of that one in a
long time!
As far as "of value" , let us re-phrase that to "of interest" and I will say
that, percentage-wise, the Cap'n is at least up to the standards set by the
rest of this list. He can have educational value as well, motivating listees
to learn how to implement filters and subscribe to spridgets-mod. Lighten
up, Mark!
David Lieb