Re: Miss me?

Subject: Re: Miss me?
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 21:12:04 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
OK I have to jump in too. We all know how to delete and filter, so go
ahead and do what you feel you have to do. I enjoy the banter unless it
starts to drag on and generate too much back and forth talk or name
calling, etc. then the delete key goes wild. Off topic discussions can
be informative and of interest as long as they're brief. There's a
wealth of info here. I might someday be in the market for a Miata with a
gun in the trunk and a cat walking over the hood.  I don't have a Bob or
anyone else filter since I have a delete key. Keep the subject line to
the point of the content, it makes deleting easier. When just yaking on
and on, edit out the previous messages that usually attach to the new
reply, unless there's a key point in it, that will keep band use down.

I was on a Shelby turbo Dodge list for two years that was totally dying
because the moderator had a zero tolerance policy on off topic messages.
He would banish folks for a week for asking what appeared to be somewhat
related things. I don't think any one of us would last on there. I was
kicked off twice, once for asking if anyone knew the former owner of my
car. I unsubscribed right after that.

The key thing I like is the replies going to the list when it involves
tech tips and LBC info instead of off list replies so I don't hear
(read) the reply in case it's something I need to know (even if I don't
know I need to know it at the time).

You're all my friends and enjoy sharing our cars, thoughts and meeting
some of you,

Dave & Bobbie Carpenter
Pitcain, Pa
 Revised the Bugeye page to include the big Healeys pictures.
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/bugeye.htm