Re: Oraigianl Color

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oraigianl Color
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 13:45:48 -0600
> The Mutant will most likely be painted Inca Yellow, keeping the now Blue
> interior.  I have no idea what happened to the original rear axle.
Someone in
> the past converted it and I didnt know it until I took the rear wheels off
and
> many hours of wire brushing through the rust to find FIAT on everything.
> Still trying to get it all back together, just waiting on lines and
adapters
> since MG and FIAT use different threads.  Wonder what surprise awaits for
me
> when I remove the Front Wheels

I guess I forgot that part of your saga. Oops.

I can pretty much guarantee that you will not like what you will find when
you remove your front wheels. The wishbones are usually worn out at the
fulcrum pin. They will run that way forever, but most of us can't bring
ourselves to put them back together like that. The "simple" process of
converting from wires to disk wheels ended up with new wishbones, new wheel
bearings, etc. Still waiting for warmer weather to get it all back together.
David Lieb