RE: I'm exhausted (rusty manifold available)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: I'm exhausted (rusty manifold available)
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:03:02 -0800
You probably would best off tossing it in the trash.  Most of those
3into1 headers are poorly welded where the pipes go into the flange
(spot welds). The flange itself is thinner than the carb flanges so the
washers need to ground down on one side or the carb flanges (not a good
idea).  So by the time you clean it up, weld around all the pipes,
surface it so it fits to the head and solve the uneven washer problem it
makes a Maniflow LCB look cheap.
                Crash

I have to apologise, folks, and withdraw the offer on the header.
I sent out that message, went to bed and before falling asleep
remembered the yellow Midget needs some exhaust work.  So I decided
to keep the header for that car.

mjb.