It is off, and it is a Stant!

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: It is off, and it is a Stant!
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:42:11 -0500
Thanks to all of you for your help in getting my T-stat housing off.  It
required the help of a blue flame and a hammer, but it came off cleanly.  I
took off the studs and will replace with bolts a-la-Paul A.

Now the reason why this fiasco started a couple of weeks ago was to check on
the thermostat.  Turns out it is a Stant 195 degree, and it opens at
seemingly random temperatures on the stove (candy thermometer).  Probably a
little high temp for this climate anyways.  Remember I imported Midge in
from Calgary my home town a few years back.  It lived most of it life where
the temp stays pretty cool even in the summer.

Anyways I was going to buy another two, one for spring/fall and one for
summer.  Sorry if this discussion has come and gone, but what is the most
reliable thermostat out there?

TIA

Mike G
74 Midge