Re: powder coat guns

To: Charlie Shelden <shelden3@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: powder coat guns
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:25:08 -0500 5.0; U)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Charlie:

I have both.  I bought the HF on sale after I already had the Eastwood unit.  My
plan was to use its parts to build an electrostatic paint system  Haven't
figured out yet how to keep from shunting the electrostatic charge through the
painter.

The HF seems to want higher pressure to work, and creates more of a cloud than
the Eastwood.  The Eastwood unit seems to be more responsive to changes in air
pressure, and consequently, is easier to control how much powder is coming out.

I think the HF unit would be adequate for most applications, but the Eastwwod
gives a little better control especially when using powders that are really fine
grain.  Some of the stuff I bought from Surplus Powder Coating is much finer
than what Eastwood sells.

Jim