Re: help me id this car

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: help me id this car
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:53:12 EST
the flashfire <psychalgia@rocketmail.com> wrote:

<<<i saw this car today, it looked like a mix between a PT cruiser and a
Morris Minor.  It was serving as a taxi-cab in Chicago and had much
more updated lines on it, so i know it was a current release.  Perhaps
it was imported.  Any ideas?>>>

It's the current production version of the London Black Cab. I'm not certain
who's building them these days. Marshall Fields has a couple painted in their
green stripe motif and there are several advertising different items
circulating in the Loop area where I work. I think a couple of the major hotels
have
one or two as well, an update on the black one the Midland Hotel on Adams Steet
had 10 or 15 years ago. There is a company trying to get them certified for
taxi use in Chicago which was featured in an article in the Chicago Tribune
last
summer.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, IL, USA