Re: Electric Fuel Pump Placement

To: Haritos Jason P <HaritosJasonP@JohnDeere.com>
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump Placement
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:55:02 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
The nearer the fuel tank the better, because electric fuels pumps push
fuel much better than they suck fuel.  In actual practice, the lower the
better works just as well, so that you can take advantage of the gravity
feed from the tank.  You really don't want it high and far away from the
tank, because not only are you trying to suck fuel, but any little
pinhole in the line from the tank will admit air, even though it is too
small to leak fuel.  That makes for interesting times!
Bill