Leanings (Egan content)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Leanings (Egan content)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:58:53 -0800 (PST)
The winter here in the midwest has been brutal.  Very
little snow, but also very few degrees on a regular
basis.  I have had a few passing breaks from the cold
at a few gardenspot air firce bases (during one ground
test that I didn't get to go along for, it was 88
degrees, which, I think is more than all the morning
lows here in Roscoe IL added up since Novmber, but I
digress....), but for the most part it's been the only
winter yet that's really made me miss living in
Florida.  So in between making the heat work on 40
year old airplanes and listening to my buddy Porasik
Park turn his Sprite into a junior Jahimiak Jet, I've
been reading a lot, everything from Kirkegaard to
Snuffy Smith and a lot in between.  My favorite
website for book shopping is overstock.com, and I came
across "Leanings", which is an anthology of Peter
Egan's writings for Cycle World magazine.  Hard cover,
less than $15.  I don't own a bike, but, like with his
automotive writings, his road trip descriptions are
unbelievable (Santiago's description of the great
marlin has very little over Egan's description of the
emerald shores of Ireland, and a British bike seems a
helluva lot more fun than a broken down fishing boat).
So if you're stuck inside immobile (to paraphrase that
scourge of society Bob Dylan), I recommend you pick it
up and take a summer vacation, a few pages at a time.

Anyone got an old medium bore Honda CB for sale?

=====
Ron Soave

"But you don't really know me."
- Bruce Springsteen, after a fan screamed "We Love You, Bruce!"

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html