Cost of Living...NLBS

To: PilotRob@webtv.net
Subject: Cost of Living...NLBS
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:00:47 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/19/2004 5:30:24 AM Mountain Standard Time,
PilotRob@webtv.net writes:
In the mid-50's, a senior American Capt.
made around 55K.  My folks built a house
in the "country" here in Stamford in '58
for 65K.

That same airline pilot today makes
200-250K+- (depending upon aircraft
capacity in terms of type flown)........
that house? Over 1 million.
Captain...Stop any ten people on the street (not Wall St.) and have them read
what you wrote.  $65K houses in 58 were not AVERAGE.  My folks bought a home
in 59, for $4000, that I sold last year for $8500!  See if those folks thin
$200-250K is an average salary.

Stamford is a pretty place and most of us dreamed at one time or another of
being an airline pilot and making big bucks...but neither of these is AVERAGE,
by any context.

Maybe I'm way off base, but then maybe I just live in the wrong part of the
country.

Robert Houston
Texan in New Mexico
73 Midget

"I'm not all that sold on the idea of becoming the poor man's Cher" J. Joplin