Re: Cost of Living...NLBS

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cost of Living...NLBS
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:03:16 -0800
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
Here's another data point from Connecticut - my folks built a house for
our family in Southington (pretty much central CT) 1977 for $75K It was
the largest house in the neighborhood at the time. They sold it in 1989
for about $250K. My cousin states that homes in that neighborhood now
sell for about $375-400K. My father was a manufacturing manager at
Fafnir Bearings in New Britain at the time.

At the time, I thought Hartford was a really long way away, as it was a
20 minute car ride. Now, I commute about a hour (and about 40 miles)
each way to work, just because I can't afford to live any closer.
Starter homes around Montainside NJ, (about 1200 sqare feet, if I were
to guess, and maybe 1/4 acre) start at at least 300K.

I think I live in the wrong part of the country...  ;)

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/