Re: Cost of Living...NLBS

To: Jay Fishbein <type79@ix.netcom.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cost of Living...NLBS
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:01:23 -0800 (PST)
Jay Fishbein <type79@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

A friend of mine said many years ago, "They should just lop-off
Fairfield County from Ct and give it to NY because it has nothing to do
with the State of CT." Of course, he said the same thing about NYC and
Long Island in relation to Upstate NY.

Jay,

Jimmy Breslin and Norman Mailer ran for political office (I can't remeber what
it was) on the platform that if elected they (the City of New York) would
secede from NY state as a new state. That was back in the late sixties when I
lived in NYC and my memory is a little hazy about the details.

Best Regards

Jorge