Re: Cost of Living...NLBS

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cost of Living...NLBS
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:50:33 -0600
> Having just retired from a technical university, I have wondered just what
> field of study I would recommend to a high school student these days. I
> warned Computer Science majors to take courses in business or something
> else not directly related to CS to round out their education "just in
case"
> their job eventually ended up in India or someplace like that.

Very good advice, Tim. Beyond that reason, there is a decided benefit to
courses that will distinguish you from the typical CS major. It is easy to
find programmers. It is much harder to find programmers who can understand
the actual real-world processes that the program they are trying to create
is intended to emulate.
David Lieb