Re: Abarths - Recreated

Subject: Re: Abarths - Recreated
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:02:34 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey guys, I'm here to testify that Abarth did make an exhaust system for the
1275 and probably the 1098 as well.   We put one one with the major update in
1968 and ran it until either it gave up or I got too much attention from
cops--forget which.   By that time it was illegal at least in California.   The
techical data that I can recall is that it made a nice Vroom and purred at
idle.
 The "cans" were roughly 3" across and there were two of them sticking out
the back.   Nothing but good memories, but they definitely existed.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"